January 16, 2011
Posted by on
5 Saint Nicholas St Toronto, ON M4Y 1W5
(Yonge & Wellesley)
T: (416) 960-1010
Although I’ve never seen this place packed, there’s lots of life in this small, tucked away dining spot. Located on St. Nicholas, which is a small lane way west of Yonge on Wellesley, this restaurant offers dining and music entertainment all in one evening.
• Fried Squid
• Paella – Marinera (with lobster, shrimp, scallops, squid, fish and mussels)
Good to Know
• Best seats: In front of the performer/band if you’re looking for a little entertainment while dining.
• Service: Most of the staff was friendly except they made a huge, glaring mistake on our bill (added an extra digit to our bill!!) and the gentlemen didn’t even apologize for his error. Instead, he returned with the corrected bill and commented, “Is this better now?”
• Atmosphere: Cozy, family style
• Ideal for: Family, date, casual, those seeking a different culinary dining experience
• Attire: Casual, smart casual
• Reservations recommended: Yes (just in case there’s a function)
• Patio recommended: N/A