Kenzo Japanese Ramen House
March 12, 2011
Posted by on
138 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON, M5G 1C3
(Bay & Dundas)
A nice, convenient location – located right in the heart of downtown (close by to the Eaton Centre, AMC, and Atrium on Bay) – for Kenzo to open another location. Kenzo is known for their Japanese Ramen Noodles.
If you like noodles with soup, you can choose the miso or broth base soup. Alternatively, you can have it “dry”, which is pan fried and served in an iron plate. Side dishes include gyoza (fried dumpling) or tacoyaki (pan-fried octopus balls – a piece of octopus fried in a light puffy batter, shaped as a ball).
• Miso Ramen (try this if it is your first time and don’t know what to order)
• Don’t forget to add schichimi pepper.
Schichimi pepper is a spice mixture that generally consists of seven ingredients - typically a blend of ground red chili pepper, ground sansho pepper, roasted/dried citrus peel, sesame seed, poppy/hemp seed, ground ginger, and nori.
Good to Know
• Best seats: If you like a little more privacy, the tables with wall separators
• Service: Generally nice
• Atmosphere: Basic wooden tables
• Ideal for: Casual, quick eat
• Attire: Casual
• Reservations recommended: No
• Patio recommended: No