181 Bay Street
(Bay St & Wellington St W)
T: (416) 308-5888
Ki Restaurant & Bar is one of the city’s hottest and trendiest places to hang out. With a crowd of professionals hanging around and hovering over the bar, it’s hard to imagine how anyone is able to order a drink.
Agreeing to my girlfriend’s brilliant idea of meeting at Ki after work, I found myself sandwiched between a 6’2 frustrated banker trying to get the bartender’s attention and a busty blonde who was trying to get his.
Other than the Thursday night after-work crowd, it is generally not as busy and the dining experience much more relaxing and enjoyable. (But if you’re looking to get picked up, or do the picking, this is the place to be.)
Ki is one of my favourite restaurants. I can rely on them to be the perfect place for a GNO (Girls Night Out) event, a romantic date, or a business lunch meeting.
• Sweet Potato Wedges
• Rock Shrimp
• Spicy Avocado Roll – we recommend you try this on its own first (without soy sauce). We find that it’s already very tasty and flavourful.
• Japanese-style Ceviche – this is an assortment of small pieces of raw fish marinated in lime juice and served in a spoon
• Jalapeno Hamachi (yellowtail)
• Passion (flute) Cocktail – Chambord + passion fruit juice topped with Prosecco
• I also recommend you share (as most Japanese dishes are traditionally shared) to enjoy the full experience.
Good to Know
• Best seats: For regular dining, at any of the booths; but if you plan on mixing and mingling or people watching, try to get a seat in the lounge area between the bar and patio entrance (reservations for this area is not available).
• Service: Most servers are quite familiar with the menu. They are generally helpful and friendly.
• Atmosphere: Trendy, modern decor using bold colours i.e. reds and blacks
• Ideal for: Business, after-work gatherings, mix & mingling, GNO (girls night out), large gatherings, romance
• Attire: Business, smart casual, trendy, dress-up
• Reservations recommended: Yes and specify your desired seating area if you have one, especially during lunch time; usually packed after 5pm on Thursday and Friday nights. (This is a popular place.)
• Patio recommended: Yes (usually packed on a Thursday and Friday night between 5pm to 8pm)