Ethiopian House Restaurant
October 31, 2010
Posted by on
4 Irwin Avenue, Toronto, ON M4Y 1K9
(Yonge & Wellesley)
T: (416) 923-5438
I hear this is one of the best Ethiopian restaurants in town. If you’ve never tried Ethiopian food, this place is a must … and try eating with your hands (no cutlery)!
• Vegetarian Platter with injera bread
• Instead of using cutlery, use your hands to wrap/dip the injera (bread) around the sauce/vegetable and to place it into your mouth.
• If you are not in a hurry, try the traditional coffee ceremony after your meal. (Preparation time takes 20 minutes.)
• Tea is made with herbs and spices. (Adding a black tea bag is optional.)
Good to Know
• Best seats: On the 2nd floor, beside the windows.
• Service: Friendly; even though there is usually just 1 or 2 wait staff for both floors, it does seem like enough. We never wait too long.
• Atmosphere: Lots of colours from the Pan-African flag – generous use of greens, reds and yellows for the decor. On your way to the washrooms located upstairs, notice the photos of the different African tribes displayed along the wall.
• Ideal for: Date, casual gathering, foodies, and those who want to try something different.
• Attire: Casual (almost anything goes!)
• Reservations recommended: N/A
• Patio recommended: N/A