Fo Guang Shan Temple Tea House
October 31, 2010
Posted by on
6525 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7K6
(Millcreek Drive & Erin Mills Pkwy)
T: (905) 814-0465
Fo Guang Shan has one of the best vegetarian (simulated meat) noodles and Taiwanese fruit teas in the GTA! Their price point is very fair considering the quality you are getting. Everything is $5 per dish (noodle, sandwich, coffee or tea). Remember to purchase your coupon at the service counter when you walk into the temple.
• Noodle Soups – Red Beef Noodle Soup or Laksa Noodle Soup
• Fruit Teas – Black Forest Tea or Tangerine Tea
Good to Know
• Best seats: On the right of the Tea House (next to the windows) when you walk in (you get to look out onto the parking lot)
• Service: Although all the servers are volunteers, they do not lack professionalism and friendliness
• Atmosphere: Simple, clean, quiet and comfortable
• Ideal for: Vegetarians, noodle lovers, and those seeking something different
• Attire: Casual (A reminder that this is a temple and people come here to pray. Please dress conservatively and appropriately.)
• Reservations recommended: They do not take reservations. First come, first served.
• Patio recommended: N/A
• About them: The Tea House is operated as part of the Fo Guang Shan Temple.
• Proper behavior: We encourage you to show respect while in the temple. Keep your voices down and be cautious of the language you use.
• Hours: The Tea House is not a “business” per say. They do not operate at regular hours. They are usually open daily (except Mondays) from 11pm to 4 or 4:30pm. Please call or check with their website.
• Free: Complimentary materials (booklets and CDs on Buddhism) can be found in the main hallway. Please help yourself and feel free to make a donation.
• Convenience: There is a big parking lot in the front and back of the temple. Parking is free.