Frank Restaurant (at the AGO)
November 3, 2010
Posted by on
317 Dundas St W Toronto, ON M5T 1G4
(University Ave & Dundas St W)
A very hip and stylish restaurant. Just dining there made me feel creative and artistic.
I booked and made reservations under my name. After we were seated, the waiter and maitre d’ came over (at different times) to welcome us, both addressing me by my first name. Although this was a small gesture, it was a nice personalized (and smart) touch.
Frank offers three main menus (which changes daily): brunch (on weekends), lunch and dinner (from Tues to Sats).
Frank supports local producers and wine makers. Their wine list consists of Ontario wines (exclusively) and menu is based on seasonal ingredients supplied from local farmers.
• Pork or lamb
• Grilled calamari
• Muddled strawberry martini
Good to Know
• Best seats: I prefer the sofa booths facing the front of the restaurant.
• Service: Great
• Atmosphere: Frank Gehry-designed, artsy, chic, casual, spacious, high ceilings, the art deco wall behind the bar, stacked with bottles of wine and lit from the back
• Ideal for: Date, gallery-goers, business
• Attire: Business, smart casual, trendy, dressy
• Reservations recommended: Yes
• Patio recommended: N/A