Oliver & Bonacini (Front St)
November 6, 2010
Posted by on
33 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON
(Yonge & Front)
T: (647) 260-2070
This O&B just opened this summer. Previously, this hot spot was Shopsy’s. Totally redesigned, they put in a very cool patio on Yonge with large heat lamps. This place is another fun after-work mix and mingling hangout. If that is what you’re planning, it’s probably better to go (and busier) on a Thursday night. I found it quiet last Friday when I was there. There was a small crowd between 5:30 and 6:00 pm but quietly died off by 6:30 pm.
• Ahi Tuna Lettuce Wrap
• A good selection of cocktails – try the Muddled Raspberry Acai Martini
Good to Know
• Best seats: I prefer the lounge area with the high tables and small TV screen set inside the wall. (Good entertainment if your date turns out to be boring.)
• Service: Okay; a little disorganized when seating us (different servers gave us different instructions and we detoured around the restaurant a bit).
• Atmosphere: Simple, chic and casual
• Ideal for: Date, GNO, birthday celebration, after-work gathering
• Attire: Business, smart casual, trendy, dressy
• Reservations recommended: Yes (for dining area); N/A (for lounge)
• Patio recommended: Yes!