November 24, 2010
Posted by on
550 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON
(Bathurst & King)
T: (416) 601-3590
Located inside the Thompson Hotel, Scarpetta was not hard to find. The big lounge area in front of the restaurant made waiting for the rest of my party to arrive more comfortable and relaxing.
Although there are two other restaurants located in the hotel; Wabora (a Japanese restaurant) and Counter (a 24-hour diner), Scarpetta’s ratings are the highest.
• Stromboli bread – made with salami, mozzarella cheese, basil and cherry tomatoes
• Creamy Polenta with Fricasse of Truffled Mushrooms (Scarpetta’s signature dish)
• Wine (they have selections listed here that are not available elsewhere)
Good to Know
• Best seats: Preferably the booths (Wherever you sit, try not to face the windows. There is a parking lot located just across the street on Wellington and the headlights of cars coming and going could be harsh on the eyes since the restaurant is dimly lit.)
• Service: Excellent; attentive; replaced our cutlery after each use; cleaned the crumbs off the table with minimal disturbance;
• Atmosphere: Rustic; dark chocolate brown leather/upholstery and dark wood; high ceilings; acoustics wasn’t very good because it was difficult to hear my friend speak, who was just sitting on the other side of the table.
• Ideal for: Business, romantic date, celebrations
• Attire: Casual, business, trendy, smart casual
• Reservations recommended: Yes
• Patio recommended: N/A