The Chefs’ House Restaurant (George Brown)
November 28, 2010
Posted by on
215 King Street East Toronto, ON M5A 3W8
(Jarvis & King)
T: (416) 415-2260
Here’s a unique dining experience that combines the latest culinary skills with education. The Chefs’ House is part of George Brown College and is fully open to the public. This restaurant gives students in training an opportunity to practise – hosting, cooking, baking, and serving – in a real-world environment (while under supervision).
If you want a preview of what you’ll be in for, walk by and peek inside the restaurant to see the culinary students at the front prepare and cook in their large open kitchen. There are only two menus: lunch and dinner set menus (which changes often depending on their course program and what is in season).
• Dinner – more relaxing and enjoyable
Good to Know
• Best seats: I prefer seating near the back, away from the buzz and noise at the front kitchen. A private function room, which seats up to 16 people, is available and located on the lower floor of the restaurant.
• Service: Good overall (Students may be nervous but they are very attentive and work hard to provide professional service.)
• Atmosphere: 3,200 square foot heritage brownstone; contemporary
• Ideal for: Date, casual, those seeking a different culinary dining experience
• Attire: Casual, business, smart casual
• Reservations recommended: Yes
• Patio recommended: N/A
• Hours of operation: Monday to Friday only