Spice Route Asian Bistro & Bar
January 16, 2011
Posted by on
499 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4
(Spadina & King)
T: (416) 849-1808
A great choice if you’re looking for an evening of drinks, dinner and socializing. I recommend coming on Thursday night if you haven’t already. Dine on the second floor so you can watch people pour into the bar area located right in the centre of the restaurant. You’ll be amazed to see how quickly the traffic flows in and fills the space. If you want to be part of the action, don’t be shy … grab your drink after dinner and head right to the bar or patio and join the crowd.
• Cocktails – Lychee Sakatini (usually comes with 2-3 peel lychees) or Red Dragon (served with berries)
• Buddha vegetable feast stir fry
• Spiced chicken + Peking duck lettuce wraps
• Kobe carpaccio
• Viet rack of lamb
• Clay pot tiger prawn
• Miso glazed black cod
Good to Know
• Best seats: I prefer seating on the second floor (to watch the action going on around the bar area). If you are with a large group, they have a room right under the DJ booth that is very cozy and relaxing. There is also a private party room available.
• Service: Generally friendly and nice
• Atmosphere: Mystic, Asian, zen-like decor from Buddha heads to real photos of different places in Asia
• Ideal for: Date, casual, mix & mingling, business
• Attire: Business, smart casual, trendy
• Reservations recommended: Yes
• Patio recommended: Yes. They have the cabins open in the summer which is a great place to hang and sip on cocktails/beer.
• Also check out: the Koi fish pond on the patio; the washrooms with floor-to-ceiling glass windows facing out to a garden (don’t worry, this area is restricted so you won’t see people walking by while using the facilities); Brent House across the street if you want to party/dance.