Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant
January 18, 2011
Posted by on
270 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON M5T 2E5
(Spadina & Dundas)
This is a popular round-the-clock (even at 2am in the morning this place is busy) joint. It is one of the few Vietnamese restaurants I feel comfortable and relaxed in (mostly because of the decor). Also, I am a huge fan of their Satay Beef Noodle Soup. I actually think it’s the best in town!
• Satay (rare) Beef Noodle Soup – spicy (not just “hot” spicy but they use lots of herbs to build the “satay” flavour); available in S, M, L and XL (bowl) sizes.
• Fried Spring Rolls – I like using the lettuce leaf to wrap my spring roll before dipping it into the fish sauce. (I find it refreshing eating it this way.)
Good to Know
• Best seats: The softer sofa chairs (but are available for table of twos only)
• Service: Generally friendly
• Atmosphere: Contemporary, black marbles, picture of gold sand hanging over the bar (maybe Feng Shui related?), dim lighting (overall: comparatively speaking, quiet nice for a Vietnamese restaurant)
• Ideal for: Casual, family, casual date, quick eat, after clubbing munchies
• Attire: Casual (almost anything goes)
• Reservations recommended: No
• Patio recommended: N/A
• Free Parking: Available around the back of the building (Warning: it’s a very dark parking spot and I don’t generally feel it’s safe to park there without someone breaking in. Having said that, it never happened and there is an attendant at the front.) Remember to get your ticket validated when you settle your bill.