Coast Restaurant (& O Lounge)
February 6, 2011
Posted by on
1054 Alberni St, Vancouver, BC, V6E 1A3
As soon as I walked into Coast, I was pleasantly surprised to see a large circular raw bar packed with ice and fresh seafood.
The evening did not start off very well with an hour wait even though we had reservations. We even arrived early to check out O Lounge. We were further disappointed that the cocktails were just okay.
Our luck changed after we were seated. The food was delicious and the seafood platter had a theatrical show-stopping presentation.
• Signature Chilled Platter – with lobster, jumbo prawn, king crab, mussels, oysters, sushi roll and sashimi
• Sable fish
• Sushi – tuna (white)
• Dessert – honey comb nibs
Good to Know
• Best seats: Tables on the second floor that over look the restaurant and raw bar
• Service: Excellent and very helpful
• Atmosphere: Very nice; artsy; contemporary and comfortable.
• Ideal for: Business, romantic date, celebrations
• Attire: Casual, business, trendy, smart casual
• Reservations recommended: Yes
• Patio recommended: N/A