February 12, 2011
Posted by on
192 Augusta Ave, Toronto, ON
(Spadina & Dundas)
A nice little oasis to get away from the busy streets of Kensington Market, which is filled with preowned vintage clothing shops (i.e. Courage My Love), cheese specialty shops, bakeries, meat shops, health stores and Tom’s place.
This Asian vegetarian restaurant has a huge selection of Taiwanese tea (including bubble tea) to choose from.
Don’t forget to check out the little shop at the back of the restaurant that sells teapots with candle base (to keep your tea warm), simulated meat selection (i.e. tofu chicken drums) and other vegetarian items.
• Purple/wild fried rice – I ordered this dish thinking it was a healthier choice over a bowl of white rice but it’s actually very yummy!
• Seaweed wrapped chicken with spinach
• Mango asparagus chicken
• Cold ice lemon tea (or any of their teas)
Good to Know
• Best seats: Near the windows
• Service: Good
• Atmosphere: Comfortable; open; ceiling fans; tropical (they open the front and back windows and doors in the summer, allowing the breeze and air to flow right through the restaurant).
• Ideal for: Casual, vegetarians
• Attire: Casual
• Reservations recommended: No
• Patio recommended: No