March 4, 2011
Posted by on
472 Queen St W Toronto, ON M5V 2B2
(Bathurst St & Queen St W)
Barchef is voted one of the world’s top cocktail bars! And I agree … especially since they make the “hottest and coolest” drinks in town, literally.
Known for their concoctions, Barchef serves notoriously fun and delicious “molecular” drinks. Mesmerized by the theatrical presentation, “Fire and Ice” is one of my favourites. It is served with one glass in flames, the second with nitrogen ice (with white foggy smoke flowing over the glass), and the third for mixing the two. Hence, the name “Fire and Ice”.
If you’re looking for something less conspicuous, they have a variety of other selections using various intriguing ingredients. If you’re not into alcohol, they also serve innovative virgin cocktails as well. Speak to the chef/bartender.
• Fire & Ice
• Strawberry & Lavender
Good to Know
• Best seats: Couches at the front of the bar
• Service: Friendly, helpful and outgoing (I forgot my camera so the bartender was kind enough to take the photo on this blog for me. Thanks Aaron!!)
• Atmosphere: Dark, artsy, gothic
• Ideal for: Drinks, date
• Attire: Trendy, casual, smart casual,
• Reservations recommended: No
• Patio recommended: No