October 31, 2010
Posted by on
70 Brunswick Street, Stratford, ON N5A 6V6
(Ontario St & 112)
T: (519) 273-3424
As the name suggests, this place was once was a church now turned into a restaurant.
• I highly recommend their tasting menus with wine pairing; but you also have the choice of an à la carte menu or a 3-course prix fixe menu.
Good to Know
• Best seats: Really, anywhere. The dining area is open so no matter where you are seated, you can orient yourself to see the original organ, the high cathedral ceilings, etc.
• Service: Great; our server was extremely professional and knowledgeable about the food and the wine
• Atmosphere: Very much like in a church with dinner tables, white table cloths, and chairs
• Ideal for: Romance, parents, special occasions
• Attire: Semi-formal, business suits
• Reservations recommended: Yes (If you plan to try the Tasting Menu and see a Stratford Show afterwards, I’d make reservations for about 2-3 hours prior to the show time)
• Patio recommended: N/A